Attractions Near Our Hotel
The Centerstone Inn Doswell is conveniently located next door to the Kings Dominion Theme Park, and a hotel partner for the Virginia Sports Complex and the Meadow Event Park. We’re just minutes from a host of exciting area attractions, and you’ll find a wonderful selection of shopping and dining nearby.
There are so many fun things to do at Virginia's premier themed amusement park! With so many things to see, you'll need more than one day to enjoy it all! From roller coasters to water rides, shows, and special events, you don't want to miss all the fun. And the best thing is, it's right next door to the Centerstone Inn.
At Kings Dominion, there are rides for everyone from thrill-seekers to families. If speed and adventure are for you, there's our thrill rides like the all-new Delirium and of course the daring Intimidator 305. Don't miss them. If slower speeds are for you, the family rides like the Carousel or Blue Ridge Tollway will be perfect. Check their website to start planning your trip today.
The Meadow Event Park is rich in history and an adaptable event space. Located just minutes from Richmond and Fredericksburg, an easy drive from Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach and a straight shot from the D.C. area, The Meadow Event Park attracts guests from throughout the commonwealth.
Thoroughbred racing legend Secretariat was born here in 1970. Three years later he blazed his way into Triple Crown history. Narrated tours are given year-round by appointment. Since then, The Meadow has transformed from a family farm to a multi-purpose venue that is home to the State Fair of Virginia and other notable events.
Located on RT 1 and only three miles off of I-95, it is 25 miles north of Richmond and 20 miles south of Fredericksburg. The area offers a wide variety of hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers.
- 4 Full-sized lighted baseball fields
- 4 Youth-sized, lighted baseball fields with observation tower and concession area
- 40,000 SF indoor baseball, basketball, and volleyball facility, with restaurant, men’s and women’s locker rooms, offices, pro shop, classrooms, VIP lounge area, and spectator areas
- Direct access off Route 1 with Interstate access 3 miles away at I-95 exit 104
- Electronic scoreboards and state-of-the-art television-grade lights at each of the 8 fields.
- Fully equipped kitchen towers and indoor facility (full service food preparation)
Virginia Sports Complex has plenty to offer the family when not on the field. It is located less than 15 minutes from Kings Dominion Theme Park and Soak City.
- Subway: .7 mi
- Denny's: 89 ft
- Panda Express: .5 mi
- Lou's Soul Food: 5.2 mi
- Applebee's: 7 mi
- Ponderosa Steakhouse: 7.1 mi
- Sushi Yokozuna: 7.4 mi
- Anthony's Italian Pizza #2: 7.4 mi
- El Azteca: 7.5 mi
- Mi Jalisco Mexican Restaurant: 7.5 mi
- Virginia Barbecue: 7.5 mi
- Homemade by Suzanne: 8 mi
- Jake's Place Restaurant & Market: 8.8 mi
- Hanover Tavern: 10.1 mi